A thing of beauty like jewellery is definitely a joy forever. Although metals and minerals can outlast any human being, they still need to be properly cared for and maintained to keep their shine, lustre, and radiance. Robert H Parker & Sons is invested in your jewellery as much as you are. That is why as craftsmen we have come up with a few tips on how to take better care of your beautiful, fine pieces.
- Even the most costly pieces will suffer wear and tear if they are not cared for properly. Make sure your jewellery is properly cared for if you want it to retain its beauty and appeal over time.
- All jewellery – gold, silver, platinum, diamond, pearls, and rubies – will need care if they are to maintain their original lustre. A clean diamond will reflect light more effectively than when it is dirty.
- Skin oils, soaps, cosmetics and perfumes will all dull your jewellery. It is important to clean your jewellery regularly. Keep in mind you should apply your cosmetics – perfume, hairspray and toiletries – before you put on your jewellery.
- Take off your jewellery before doing any housework. Chemicals and materials for cleaning can tarnish or even damage your precious pieces. You would not want it fall down the drain or be ruined by the harsh chemicals on your cleaning agents.
- Jewellers can clean your jewellery properly, polishing the gold to enhance its sparkle. However, they also advise general upkeep by using commercial jewellery cleaner at home regularly. They can suggest suitable cleaners and can guide you through the best techniques.
- Keep your jewellery in a jewellery box or wrapped in soft fabric. Separate each piece so that they do not scratch, dent, chip or damaged each other while stored.
Some jewellery requires a different level of care to others. Robert H Parker & Sons can help you provide the very best jewellery care to preserve its pristine and magnificent state. Call 03 9650 3371 for inquiries and more information.